Frequently Asked Questions

Please click on a question or "+" icon below to view the answer.

Who is eligible to live in CBC Student Housing?

Columbia Basin College Student Housing is open to students who meet the eligibility requirements listed below. An application for housing will be processed on a first come, first serve basis according to the day the completed application is received. For applicants who have a roommate in mind, both/all applications must state their requested roommate names. Co-ed room assignments are not allowed; all rooms will be assigned based on the gender identity listed on the application. CBC reserves the right to refuse housing assignments for any reason which, in its discretion, would negatively impact the Residence Life program or pose a risk of harm to CBC students or employees.

Age Requirement
Applicants under the age of 17 as of the beginning of the contract date will not be accepted. Parental or legal guardian consent is required for applicants who are under the age of 18 and not emancipated as of the beginning of the contract. Contact the CBC Office of Student Housing for further information at

Satisfactory Academic Progress & Financial Standing Requirements
Resident must be and remain in good standing as stated in WAC 132S-100-112 in CBC Student Code of Conduct. Residents who do not remain in good standing risk termination of the contract agreement.

Enrollment in CBC Requirement
Resident must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per quarter and attending classes (Summer Quarter not included). Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis by CBC's Director for Residence Life.

Can I take a tour of CBC Student Housing?

Yes. To schedule a tour, email and a staff member will schedule a time to tour the building.

Can I use my financial aid to pay for housing?

Possibly. Each student’s financial aid award package is unique. To find out if your financial aid can be applied to housing costs, please email CBC Financial Aid at or call (509) 542-5504.

How long are contracts?

CBC Student Housing is initially available as an Academic Year contract (beginning of Fall Quarter in September to the end of Spring Quarter in June). Students will have the option while they are living in the residence hall to extend their contract through the Summer Quarter (ending August 31st) by filling out a Contract Extension Form. A resident of housing may cancel their housing contract early without penalty by contacting the Director for Residence Life for the following reasons: 1) study abroad; 2) graduation; 3) medical withdrawal from the College; 4) significant or unanticipated personal hardship beyond the resident’s control; or 5) military deployment. Documentation will be required. Approval is not guaranteed.

How do I renew my contract?

Residents may renew their contract to extend their stay in CBC Student Housing by filling out the Resident Contract Renewal Form 90 days prior to the end of their current contract. If the request is made later than 90 days prior to the end of their current contract, resident may lose their space and be required to move out at the end of their contract.

Is cable TV included in rent?

Based on the current trends, cable TV is not available in the building as most students opt to utilize streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. The building is wired for optimal internet access. Wireless internet is included in rent and available in all student rooms. A large television with antenna TV is available in the lobby of the building.

Is storage available?

No storage of student belongings is available to residents other than in student rooms.

Where do I park my car?

Parking is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis. The parking lot is reserved for residents only. Residents must register their vehicle with the CBC Office of Student Housing. Vehicles not registered may be fined or towed at the owner’s expense. Residence must obtain a temporary parking pass for any guest vehicle.

Are there meal plans available for residents?

At this time we do not offer meal plans to students though there is a cafeteria located in the HUB on the CBC campus. A kitchen is included in each apartment unit. We recommend that you purchase cooking utensils upon your arrival.

Am I allowed to have a pet in the residence hall?

Unfortunately, CBC Student Housing does not permit pets within the building (even if they are just visiting). Service or assistance animals required due to a resident’s disability are permitted with the approval from CBC Disability Support Services.

How do I apply?

The Student Housing Application form can be viewed and submitted online. Once received, CBC Student Housing will review application and will send a confirmation email to applicant’s CBC email address with the Housing Application Approval form. This form which will need to be submitted to CBC Hawk Central, either in person or by mail with the security deposit. Upon processing the security deposit, a housing confirmation will be emailed with the finalized room assignment and roommate's (if any) contact information.